Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Breakfast Nook Part 1

It's no secret....my home is ever changing.  I want a kitchen overhaul.  We've been in our home for a little over 3 years and I've never really loved our kitchen.  So I've changed it little by little but I'm still not loving it.  My pet peeves are the cabinets and the breakfast nook.  I don't like the cabinet color and there is just not enough storage.  Solution #1, I converted the closet under the stairs into overflow kitchen storage, it's right around the corner so it makes sense.  I would really love to paint the cabinets white but I'm chicken, also I would then definitely have to paint the entire room.  Plus I really want to add on to the cabinets all the way to the ceiling, and paint everything one color.   I definitely do not have the time or money to do that right now, but still itching to paint...would you do it?  Paint the cabinets I mean.  Thoughts?
 I updated some of the decor on top of the cabinets, I really want to add in some gray, it's just so pretty!!  Plus I feel like I've been fighting against the colors in our house.  When we moved in, all of my decor was reds/beige/gold.  The house was already painted very happy colors which didn't work with anything I had.  Some of the paint has stayed but I have since painted A LOT of our house.  The kitchen/living room was bright yellow.  No thank you.  I like the colors I painted 2 years ago but I am just ready for a change!!  Usually what happens when I get the itch.....I get a paintbrush and put a swatch on the wall and boom, I'm committed.  One thing I will say about myself, once I start a project, I am obsessed until it's done.  I hate clutter and unfinished business.  Problem is, everything else falls to the wayside while I'm in the middle of something.
So....changed out some decor, I like it.  Next thing is the breakfast nook.

Breakfast nook before 
 I've been pinning and searching like crazy for a corner breakfast nook.  The area we have to work with is small and the back door is right there so there has to be an open walkway.  This table is so small, I wanted something with more seating and more table space.  I wanted the coventry set by Ballard but with a $2200 price tag it aint happening.  So DIY project it is!  I started searching and came across this on Craigslist.  Isn't it a beauty??  NOT!!!!
Had these chairs from old table, reupholstered and added nailhead trim 
So my thought was to paint the sides and table base with some CeCe Caldwell paint and refinish top and upholster the backs.  Tutorials coming soon....

I have a new chandelier on order and would like to paint and lighten it up a little bit.  I can now fit 7 people!!  Yay!!
One thing leads to another.....up next:  PAINT!  Should I keep some red or change it up?  Guess it depends on cabinets, I need some input!










No comments:

Post a Comment